Solid Waste Division
Automated Rubbish Collection
Rubbish is collected at the curb weekly in special wheeled carts distributed to each household. Carts must be placed on the tree belt by 6:30 am on your scheduled day of collection. No trash is allowed outside the cart without a bulk sticker (see Bulk Waste). The rubbish collection crew will service each household with a specially designed DPW vehicle that contains a mechanical arm that picks up the cart and deposits the rubbish in the truck. The cart should be placed on the treebelt facing the street so it is accessible for the mechanical arm that picks up the carts. Please avoid obstructions that make the cart inaccessible. (Mailboxes, telephone poles, etc.) Residents are allowed one cart per household and must recycle. Because the collection carts and recycling blue boxes are property of the City, they must be left at the residence in the event the occupant moves away. All City Rubbish is taken to a waste to energy facility on Bondi's Island. (For more info call 736-3111)
Please Do Not:
- Place TV's, appliances or hazardous waste in the carts
- Overfill the carts (The lid must be within 1 foot of closing)
- Set the carts in or on top of snow banks
- Place recyclables or yard waste in the carts
- Put building materials (asphalt, brick or concrete) in the carts
To report damaged or stolen carts please call 736-3111
The DPW asks that you assist our collection crews in the recycling of your cardboard by doing the following:
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down and flattened.
- Please stack your flattened cardboard in a small box or tie up you stacks of cardboard into no larger than 3'x 3' x 6" size using heavy string or twine. (Please do not use any Tape, including Duct Tape)
- For larger cardboard boxes (i.e. appliances) please flatten and fold each piece. Do not put smaller pieces of cardboard inside.
Thank You. Your assistance ensures the health and safety of our collection crews. (For more info please call 736-3111)
It is important that residents face the cart the right way, do not put rubbish outside the cart, and do not allow obstructions making the cart inaccessible. Examples of obstructions are recycling boxes placed in front of carts, to close to parked cars, trees and telephone poles. Residents are allowed one cart per household and must recycle. Because the collection carts and recycling blue boxes are property of the City, they must be left at a residence in the event the occupant moves away. (for more info. 787-6260)